Tuesday 13 August 2019

10 Years Later...


10 years ago, in 2009, I started this blog. My intention at the time was to shower the world around me with the only brand of humour I knew at the time, sarcasm.

Then I got distracted. What distracted me you say? Well, that is the wrong question. The right question is who distracted me. And the answer is the lady who became the love of my life, my wife, the mother of my child and, naturally, subsequently, the bane of my existence... and of course, the secret to our survival is reciprocity, I am also the bane of her existence [I'd list the ways, but I'll leave that for a future post or ten]

Don't get me wrong, I still love her to death, or to bits, or to pieces ... or whichever other painful metaphor that exists for this ever consuming feeling of debilitating passion.

And so, I hereby relaunch this blog, in her honour. To commemorate our 10 year anniversary of being together, of surviving each other and of our ongoing adventure...



Marta, my love, this one's for you.

Thus, this blog shall henceforth no longer be known as Movies, Pizza, Middle East and Entrepreneurship - because let's face it, a 40 year old married man with a 5 year old has no time for movies anymore, doesn't eat enough pizza, doesn't live in the Middle East anymore and, well, Entrepreneurship... that's a blog on it's own...

Therefore, 10 years, 4 social media networks, 3 companies, 30 smart phones and 1 child later, the new name of this blog is...[trriing triiing...oh yeah, we don't do drum rolls anymore, but the sound of an egg timer is much more appropriate]..

"Rants, Pants, and Washing Machines"

- you'll get the washing machine reference in one of my first posts... 

No comments:

Post a Comment