Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sentenced to 40 Whips?

A Sudanese Journalist, Ms. Lobna Ahmed Hussein has been sentenced to 40 whips. Now while this is unfortunately not uncommon in the Arab world, there are rules and guidelines for this kind of barbaric punishment, which, generally includes public intoxication, public display of affection, illicit relations and indecent exposure and behavior.

While I do not condone any of these sentences or their reasons, seeing as most of the above is not offensive to me personally, I understand societies being offended by this behavior. So naturally my curiosity arose when I heard about this, and felt like I needed to know why she got this harsh sentence which drove her to sending out 500 invitations to prominent journalists in her country and the region saying that no one will believe she was whipped for this unless they see it themselves.



Can someone with better eyesight, or a vision that has been less affected by alcohol, than me please take a close look at this picture and tell me what's indecent about it (save for the hideous color which if I were to classify I'd call diarrhea green - but even that's not grounds for 40 whips!!!)....

Spread the word...the world needs to know about these things! Click HERE for full story...


No comments:

Post a Comment