Wednesday 3 June 2009

Etisalat's Divine Connection

It is only appropriate that for my first post here, I'm winging about a UAE Telecom provider. What's not very usual is that it's Etisalat being slain here and not that other one (who's name I shall avoid mentioning until they force me to, which should be in the next few days!) I also chose to write this post in Etisalat green to annoy some people a bit more!

Last week, I had major issues with Internet at home and Etisalat had been charging me for Dial-Up which I never use [nor do I use I-Zone for smart alec's (or Alexmcnabb's) who decide to point this out!]

Conversation went as follows:
Me: Hello, I need to change password because it seems someone knows it and is using it to Dial-Up.
Etisalat: Please follow XXXXXX Instructions

Instructions followed, attempted to change password. Message on Screen:

Sorry, Unable to change password. User Account De-activated

I relay the message to Etisalat.

Me: It says "Unable to change password. User Account De-activated".
Etisalat: Ah yes, that's because your account is inactive because you haven't paid your dial-up bill.
Me: But I'm online
Etisalat: From Home?
Me: Yes, I am at home, next to my router, on my laptop, sitting on my bed while talking to you. Would you like to know what I'm wearing?
Etisalat: That will not be necessary. I really don't know how you are online. I can see that you're disconnected
Me: Would you like me to send you an email now to show you that I'm online?
Etisalat: Maybe you're stealing the connection from your neighbors or something!
Me: NO, I'm using MY OWN CONNECTION! I may not sound like it, but I know what I'm talking about here!!!
Etisalat: I don't know what to say
Me: Explain to me how I'm online if you're saying I'm disconnected
Etisalat: I don't konw. Only God Knows
Me: WHAT? Only God Knows? Is that Etisalat's official stance on this?
Etisalat: I don't know what else to tell you.
Me: Is this phonecall recorded?
Etisalat: Yes. But I said nothing wrong.
Me: It's not about you. You did nothing wrong. In fact you did nothing at all. I just want there to be a record that a phonecall to Etisalat customer service and technical support at 6:09pm on Thursday 21st of May 2009 was concluded by ONLY GOD KNOWS!. Thank you

Thus, we reach the conclusion that Etisalat technical support team require divine intervention at times to fulfill certain inquiries!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment