Thursday 11 June 2009

London Nightmare

Right...So I arrive at Heathrow Airport yesterday at 6:30am thinking to myself "This is going to be a nightmare without the underground!"

How understated that was!

Since the Picadilly line from the airport isn't working, I have to take the more expensive option of the Heathrow Express to Paddington, which is fine. 15 minutes and 16.50 Pounds and i'm in Central London and sort myself out from there!

So I get out at Paddingtong and think to myself "Ok, the bus queues are crazy and cabs here are expensive so I'll just spare myself the headache and take a cab to East London. Right?"

WRONG!!!



As you can see, I'd left the queue at that stage to make this video and try to find alternative routes to my destination.

#23 bus please! 6 #23 buses in a row. All oozing with passengers falling off the side!!!! It was a scene from a bus in Nepal or India! I walk away from Paddington and find an empty #23 bus that will take me to Liverpool Street Station! FINALLY!!! And of course, it was too good to be true.. He was only going as far as Oxford Street. Anything to go away from here. I jump on the bus and get off in Oxford. It starts raining! Of course! How else would this be perfect?

The best option on buses is #15 which would take me to aldgate and from there the #135 to Commercial Road. (Not forgetting that I have to get off at Aldgate, walk to Fenchurch street to pick up the keys from Dominika who's place I'm staying at ! (Thanks Domi).... So at the end of that trip, I'm spent and just want to go back!!!!

Conclusion:

Trip from Dubai-London: 6.5 Hours in semi-comfortable Boeing 777 seat
Trip from West London to East London: 5.5 hours in various modes of transport!

Go Figure

No comments:

Post a Comment